What activities does project tracking involve?
To track the project(s), project manager & team members need to look at how far project has progressed in terms of schedule progrss: Gantt Chart showing status of tasks, duration & issues, risks, cost, resources and other key indicators
What issues, risks currently the project is facing and who is managing those issues & risks?
Are we overshooting budget? How much comfortable are we in terms of actual vs estimated cost?
Are right resources working on right activities? Are we utilizing them enough or overassigned them, how cost effective are these resources, are we able to generate right billability with these resources?
Compare current status of project against the baseline or planned schedule
- As a project, are we on a track? Or we have moved away/delayed as compared to planned schedule or baseline drawn in terms of timeline, resources and cost?
- Which milestones am I supposed to deliver today/this week or what are upcoming delivarables?
- Which resources are being over utilized or under utilized for given project?
- Have I accounted for/responded to an identified risk? Do I need to delegate contingency plan for risk?
- Which issues & risk have deviated from earlier assessed risk resolution & risk mitigation plan?
Spill over effect of schedule over run or under run on other activities
Why you should use a Project Tracking Software?
Any practicing project manager would agree, how much time he looses in trackig & recording project updates. Project manager, who have been working with spreadsheet alike tools, have struggled to comunicate project schedule changes, get updates from team members. To make life simpler for you, your team members, portfolio manager as well as customers, you should use online project tracking software for following reasons. YOU CAN
- Monitor state of a project thorugh out its lifecycle, right from planning to commencement to completion & closure.
- Project Tracking software can provide team members with real time updates on progress made in a given project(s)
- Using project tracker solution, team members can collaborate & work together to make sure that project is on track
- As one can monitor progress of a project on real time basis, compare it with project baseline drawn. It helps organizations to evolve with processes - check and balances to avoid slippage of timeline, remain budgetory constraints while managing risks & issues on timely basis.
- To summarize (or rephrase above statements):: The right project tracking software helps you clearly visualize project progress, It enables you to take corrective actions
ZilicusPM offers an cost effective web based project tracking solution. Using ZilicusPM team members will never miss project update. Project managers can track critical factors like time - task schedule, task status, resource availability, resource conflict, issues, risks can be updated & monitored easily using ZilicusPM tracking solution.
First and foremost, ZilicusPM is a platform where your team members can collaborate. Everyone has access to project schedule, his own tasks, project documents, issues & risks and other such artifacts. As they work on project activities & update those in ZilicusPM, you get real time updates through
- Task schedule & Gantt Chart reports: Gantt chart is updated real time to show tasks' progress marked. It is easier to get updated now.
- Resource scheduling & tracking: Resource utilization as shown in dashboard is self explantory, you can use other reports too
- Timesheet tracker : Automatic alerts provided in ZilicusPM to remind team member to fill up timesheet for given weeks
- Risk tracker : Team member automatically receives email whenever new risks is created/ assigned/ its status is updated, etc
- Issue tracker : Team member automatically receives email whenever new issue is created/ assigned/ its status is updated, etc
ZilicusPM project management solutions makes it very easy for team members to receive & provide update for project activities; at the same time, project manager can track task schedule, cost, risks, issues, resource utilization on real time basis as follows
1 Have a look at stylish & highly useful dashboard & get a real time visibility on progress/state of a project(s)
2 As you are enabled to define clear roles & resposibilities to carry out given activity, you know what can be expected
3 Know exactly - what is pending; follow up on exactly those aspects only e.g. open/pending tasks, open issues, non-mitigated risks, etc
4 Build credibility through transperancy exhibited in project tracking & necessary action/remedies being taken. Share details with
customers & other stakehodlers